Pretty much it was like stepping back in time, since the bartender was from that one place I used to hang out and CHM's parents were having dinner and one of my former teachers came and sat at the bar and then who should stop in but a friend I hadn't seen in many years.
I forgot how much I love Castle's Patio Inn.
But the best part was new friends at the blogger bash (aka "drinking with people you met on the Internet"). It is fun to get together with the folks you read and to catch up on issues of the day such as zoning, theology, child-rearing, drug-dealing and the museum.
PeoriaIllinoisan cemented our friendship by playing "Telegraph Road" on the jukebox. Seriously. The jukebox had "Telegraph Road," "Into the Mystic" and "Some Kind of Wonderful." If only "Thunder Road" had been present, it would have been about perfect.
Eyebrows showed so I could confess my fandom and it turns out she lives on the best-named street in town.
Emtronics grew up just one block from that favorite street, right in the epicenter of my childhood. Get on that blog, mister. We are waiting.
And C.J. told us what the C.J. stands for, explained the challenges of post-production and revealed that he used to work with my sister.
So by the end of the night, I was friends with everyone at the Patio Inn. When's the next bash?
30 August 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment