10 June 2006

on location

We're blogging to you today from the St. Louis Bread Company in the bowels of suburbia. Groan. This is one of the few times I have stayed in the suburbs, and I came here in search of Internet access. This restaurant is in a mall, sandwiched between Catherine's Plus Sizes and 24-Hour Fitness. I'll give you a moment to savor the irony.

A few tables away a soccer dad is lecturing his daughter on what she absolutely MUST do today in order to be a good player. His tone and approach are making me depressed. I think he believes the team is competing in the World Cup this afternoon.

My dad called a few hours ago, on his own excursion, to make sure my car problems were resolved and to offer some advice. Thanks Dad! And thanks for not making me play soccer and instructing me loudly and forcefully in front of a roomful of strangers at the mall.

No comments: