You may know that on this particular day, I demand lots of attention and adoration. And I usually take the day off.
But I declare this, my 39th birthday, to have been my most boring birthday ever. It started with a teleconference at 6:30 a.m., and I have to tell you, I don't do 6:30 a.m. unless it's under extreme duress. So began the day ... finally about 1 p.m. my boss (a truly great boss) told me to leave the office, so I did. I had lunch with my dad at one of my favorite restaurants and I always enjoy those two things.
I stopped by to see my nephews and got birthday hugs. (The 3-year-old asked if I would carry him all the way to McDonald's. His eyes showed that knew he was telling a joke. I loved that.)
I must say: two people sent me flowers, which brightened my day so much. I love fresh flowers. Thank you, my friends. [Note to future boyfriend: Send / bring flowers. I don't care a whit about jewelry. Yes, you are lucky and that is just one of the wonderful things about me.]
DMJ called. I miss her and it was great to hear her voice. LHR called. She never forgets. Thank you both.
There you have it. My birthday. A nice day, but I'd like to believe it was just a dormant period in anticipation of next year's BIG 40th BLOWOUT.
Other folks born on this day:
-- My sister. She'll deny that she has a birthday today, as she is my polar opposite in the b-day adulation department.
-- Henry David Thoreau.
-- Buckminster Fuller.
-- Julius Caesar.
-- Oscar Hammerstein II.
-- Pablo Neruda. He is a wonderful poet who once wisely said, ""All paths lead to the same goal: to convey to others what we are." I'll have to remember that next time someone asks me, "Why do you have a weblog?"
12 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment