-- I had some people over to view the fireworks, and in preparation, I hired someone to come clean my place. My grandmother and mother, both of whom raised entire families and entertained often, never hired anyone to clean in their stead. I felt absolutely horrible about it, until I came home Friday afternoon to a gleaming, pine-scented abode. Then I got over my guilt.
-- I watched every minute of Oprah's "Gorgeous Men of Home Decorating" show. Yes, they are all completely unattainable for a variety of reasons, but it's fun to dream.
-- Out of homesickness, I rented the 1975 movie "Nashville." What a colossally stupid motivation. Did I mention Robert Altman directed? Well, it was fun to see the Parthenon once more, and it is the best Altman film I've ever seen. (That's damning with faint praise, and please spare me your Altman adulation.)
-- I bought the new O magazine just because Harper Lee wrote a short essay for it.
-- I have not one good hostessing trait. My relatives handled every detail of my party tonight. Thanks, everyone!
05 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment