03 January 2006

the player

Mapgirl Dark Secret #52: I really don't like games. Just recently a friend called to inquire if I would like to be part of a card-playing group in this new year, and I declined. My family really enjoys games, and they have learned it's better just not to ask me to join in. Sometimes they will broach the subject, and if I agree to play, they treat this as a miracle.



There are a few requests I cannot resist, though. Like tonight -- I stepped through my parents' door and immediately my visiting nephew asked, "Would you play a game of Hiss with me?" Okay. Hiss I can handle. I got it for my nephew for Christmas, it's short, and it's better than Candyland. I figured he would like it because it involves snakes. Anything with snakes, spiders, bugs, etc. is a giant hit. I'm pleased that he enjoys it so much.



No comments: