In hopes of keeping The Shelf in check, I have decided to walk another half-marathon. I figured this would be good inspiration through the winter. I have made plans for the Mercedes Marathon in Birmingham, Alabama on 12 February. That's five weeks from now.
I like thinking and planning about the half-marathon. I like registering for it, and booking a hotel room and an airline ticket. I like talking to my friends in Birmingham about it. I like carbo-loading.
Apparently there is one glitch in my training plan: I have not been walking anywhere near the distances needed to prepare for a half-marathon in five weeks. Yes, panic is beginning to set in.
I did get in a good, long, walk today. We had a near-record temperature of 57 degrees with sunny skies. I need a similar miracle in order to get my stamina up for the big walk in a mere five weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment