24 September 2006

phabulous

I'm back from my weeklong vacation in Philadelphia and just between us, I'm not quite ready to be back. I had a great time: half of the week I was by myself and the second half DMJ and JFA came to the City of Brotherly Love to experience all of it with me.

I love vacations, and I highly recommend them.

Awaiting my return was a new VISA card, which is a good thing since I think I've worn the old one out on this trip. I've also worn out my feet and probably my welcome at most Philly establishments (excluding the Walgreen's at the corner of 17th & Arch, which received daily visits and has experienced a spike in revenues).

On the flight home I was reviewing all my journal entries and thinking of the great trips I've had this year, none of which have made it onto my weblog. This is the fault of the harsh vacation re-entry: I plunge right back into reality and never seem to have time to come back and write about the marvelous time. Another reason is that I often come back filled with all kinds of emotions that are hard to express without being incredibly maudlin. My Arizona trip in May was truly moving and great; my Chicago weekend in July was wonderful and emotional; and Philadelphia had some special moments.

I'm still trying to figure out how to organize, frame and write about all the adventures and discoveries in Philadelphia. I hope to do that in coming days ... just as soon as I am done soaking my feet.

No comments: