Cards win! Cards win!
JFA and I enjoyed the final game of the World Series together at his abode (now for sale, inquiries welcome). We laughed and cheered and marveled at the amount of spitting. We reminisced about our baseball trip to St. Louis earlier this year, one of many great travels we have enjoyed together.
Next October we will be in our separate parts of the globe. We won't get to have dinner together or commiserate in person about the frustrations of the day or encourage one another over chocolate chip cookies.
I try not to think about that part. I think about each of us on the edge of a new adventure, about to learn a new culture, growing in our professions and mastering Skype.
I'm headed to a place with Class A ball. Wonder how much baseball they play in China?
28 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment