The list of People I Got to See Before I Moved is much, much shorter than the list of People I Cancelled Plans With or especially the list of People I Planned to Call But Didn’t.
That’s why this is so eerie:
This morning I was in the shower, where I do most of my best thinking. I thought of a friend from my long-ago book club and castigated myself that in two years here, I never did call her to get together. Wonder how she’s doing? How her job situation is? Her kids? Her husband?
Later, as I was driving, I saw a license plate that made me think of a former co-worker who was very influential. How is she enjoying retirement?
So I decided to run into the grocery store to pick up an item for my mom. Who should I run into in the produce section but my friend from the book club! Truly! It’s as if I had summoned her into my path. As we were standing there talking, someone touched my arm and wished me Happy Holidays …. my former co-worker.
I have been thinking a great deal about Andy Garcia, but he has yet to materialize.
24 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment