Every night is Saturday night for a traveling band, as Scott Miller so sagely observed. Unfortunately, that does not hold true for the rest of us who are Workin' for The Man Every Night and Day.
Since it was Saturday night in their rockin’ world, Scott and Co. spent it greeting their fans, hammering Red Bull (among other fluids) and catching glimpses of “The Postman” on the club’s TV.
It was Thursday night in my world, and Friday morning loomed.
Most of the incoming fans shared deeply felt stories about what Scott’s music meant to them. I was sitting right next to them and couldn’t think of a single thing to say because all I could think was, tick-tock, boys, time’s a-wastin’.
So I also watched a moment or two of “The Postman” and who should appear on screen but Tom Petty. For some reason I felt the need to impart my knowledge of his upcoming movie and tour. Since some of Scott’s band now lives in Nashville, I also confessed my love for Stan Lynch and long-held wish that I would see him at the H.G. Hill.
Scott’s drummer and I had a nice chat about the many virtues of Stan Lynch, and how the Heartbreakers haven’t been the same without him.
Then finally, at long last, the band took the stage.
Next time: Why we love a power trio + keyboards
03 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment