20 May 2006

sentimental / fool

A couple months ago I decided to reward myself by purchasing a long-sought compact disc, the dBs' "Like This." I had bought the album [kids: look up "LP" on the internet to learn more] years ago at a Co-Op Records in Rock Island, Illinois, and nearly wore a hole in it. Then I wore out the cassette.

iTunes is no help, and I've been watching eBay and half. com for years now. I love the album, but I couldn't really see spending $70+ for it.

While in St. Louis, my drummer friend became my instant hero when he told me his radio show had been called "The Sound of Music."

"And not the Julie Andrews movie," he said.

"I know -- the dBs album," I replied.

Turns out he had been at the dBs show in Chicago and also was sad they didn't play "Spy in the House of Love."

Which brings us back to the album "Like This." As soon as I got the package, I ripped it open and played "Spy in the House of Love" about 40 consecutive times.

I felt pretty good about all of this until I was reading a magazine this week and saw an advertisement proclaiming the new re-release of "Like This." You can buy it for about $12.

I highly recommend it, and just think, you've already saved 50% percent!

No comments: