09 February 2006

maybe they'll have a laptop in the icu

Tomorrow I depart for the half-marathon, which seemed like such a good idea at the time. Now T minus 72 hours and I am having doubts. I'm glad that JMS + Beloved are going to be there, and I'm really excited to see my B'ham pals.

But DMJ was in town tonight and my favorite pals sat and drank Blue Moon while I had ice water. They planned their outings for the rest of the weekend, during which time I shall be hauling The Shelf up and down the surprising topography of the Magic City.

My big question right now is whether to take a computer on my trip. It's just not any fun to haul a laptop through an airport and I'm wondering if there's any value in trying to post throughout the weekend. I keep telling myself, "Oh, I'll get a lot of work done!" but then what's the point of taking time off?

I'll look for an opportunity to let you know how it progresses ... If you don't see any posts by Tuesday morning, check the Birmingham hospitals.

No comments: